- Zoom classes for Bala Vihar for Session 1 is 10 am – 11:30 am and for Session 2 is 12:30 pm to 2pm starting Sept 20, 2020.
- Due to high demand we are adding curbside pickup of Bala Vihar & Adult Study Group Books Saturday, September 26 and October 3, 2020 from 1 pm – 2 pm. It’s highly recommended to place orders online by clicking here – https://chinmayamissionbadri.square.site
Chinmaya BalaVihar / Shishu Vihar
The foundation for a healthy and happy child.
Why Chinmaya Bala Vihar?
Mental strength, emotional strength and cultural connections are critical for today’s children. They are best built when young.
Chinmaya Bala Vihar offers a structured age-appropriate curriculum based on Hindu scriptures and stories, in a fun atmosphere to enrich your children to become strong, successful, cultured adults.
Operating in Chicagoland for over 30 years, Chinmaya Bala Vihar has empowered 1000s of children with values and Hindu culture.
Classes on Sundays 10am – 11:30am or 12.30 – 2pm (online until further guidance). Registration started for 2020-21
Sowing the seeds of spiritual wisdom in young hearts, this class is ideal for children ages 2 and 3 accompanied by parents. Children are introduced to Ganesha, Krishna and Shiva through nursery rhyme style bhajans, epic stories, yoga and crafts.
Bala Vihar offers an energetic, interactive and fun education led by trained and loving teachers, where children:
- Learn universal values and essentials of Hindu dharma based on Ramayana, Bhagavatam, Bhagavad Gita and other stories
- Learn to think, discuss and meditate
- Learn to chant popular shlokas and stotras
- Learn to sing and perform bhajans
- Perform skits and dances
- Celebrate major festivals together
- Contribute to Service Projects
This class is ideal for children ages 2 and 3 accompanied by parents. Children are introduced to Ganesha, Krishna and Shiva through nursery rhyme style bhajans, epic stories, yoga and crafts.
What do Bala Vihar parents and children say?
Bala Vihar Curriculum
|Bala Vihar Classes||Syllabus and Approach|
|Shishu Vihar (ages 2 & 3)||Fun introduction to Hindu gods through alphabet safari, stories and music.|
|Prahalada (PKG, KG)|
Importance of values through alphabet safari with stories, arts and crafts.
|Nachiketa (Grades 1-2)|
Lessons from Ramayana through stories, games, quizzes, arts and crafts.
|Shrirama (Grades 3-4)||Understanding of God through Srimad Bhagavatam and Introduction to Bhagavad Gita through discussions, games and skits.|
|Vyasa(Grades 5-6)||Introduction to Hindu concepts and Indian culture through discussions, speeches, skits and quizzes.|
|Shri Krishna (Grades 7-8)||Connecting with god, and building values and confidence through Hanuman Chalisa and Bhagavad Gita.|
|Vishwamitra (Grades 9-10)||Deeper understanding of Hinduism and its application through philosophical discussions and stories of saints.|
|Chinmaya (Grades 11-12)|
In-depth Bhagavad Gita and application for life through discussion and debates.