The Annual Vedic Heritage Summer Camp this year is co-organized by the three Chinmaya Mission Chicago centers (Badri, Gangotri and Yamunotri) along with Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, and NW Indiana centers.
The selection of theme, activities, and schedule will ensure that the children are actively engaged and enriched with value-based learning.
The classes will be taught by spiritual teachers, who have several years of experience working with children doing similar camps and regular weekly engagements during the year.
This year, the camp is also offering an additional hour of games and activities that will further benefit the child and prepare them. These additional activities include STEM & Art workshops conducted by experienced volunteers and learning of Vedic Chanting.
Camp schedule & Activities
10 am to noon CST: Yoga, Bhajans and Lessons/values from Bhagavatam
Noon to 1 pm: Lunch Break
1 pm to 2 pm: Vedic chanting, games, STEM & Art workshops (taught by sevaks/sevikas/youth volunteers)
- Swami Sharanananda – CM Chicago
- Brahmachari Hari Chaitanya – CM Dallas
- Brahmacharini Akalka – CM Trinidad & Tobago
- Brahmacharini Shuchita Chaitanya – CM Austin
- Brahmacharini Stuti Chaitanya – CM Columbus
- Brahmacharini Krithika Chaitanya – CM Trinidad & Tobago
- Smt. Nirmita Dholakia – CM Chicago/Northwest Indiana
- Smt. Geeta Raghu – CM Atlanta
- Shri Dhiren Khatri – CM Chicago